Meet Your Counselors
Who are School Counselors?
- A School Counselor is a licensed/certified professional holding a minimum of a Master's Degree and a Pupil Personnel Services Credential.
What is their role?
- The role of a Professional School Counselor is to design and deliver school counseling programs that improve student outcomes.
- They lead, advocate and collaborate to promote equity and access for all students by connecting their school counseling program to the school’s academic mission and school improvement plan.
- They uphold the ethical and professional standards of the American School Counseling Association (ACSA) and promote the development of the school counseling program based on the following areas of the ASCA National Model: define, deliver, manage and assess.
What services are offered?
School counselors create school counseling programs based on three sets of standards that define the profession. These standards help school counselors develop, implement and assess their school counseling program to improve student outcomes.
To learn more about the role of our counselors in the Moreno Valley Unified School District, please view our Counseling Handbook.
Hello Armada Families,
My name is Ms. Arroyo and I am the School Counselor for Armada Elementary. I am excited have the opportunity to guide your child through these wonderful and sometimes challenging elementary school years. I am very happy to be part of this amazing school and to be able to provide my support for all staff, parents, and students. I provide additional support services to enhance our students’ academic and social & emotional development while also providing college & career guidance. My goal is to provide students a model for the skills necessary to shine as scholars here in elementary school and beyond. I believe in collaborating with students, parents and staff in order to accomplish this goal.
Ms. J. Arroyo
Hello Armada Families,
My name is Jocelyne Jerez and I am one of the school counselors at Armada Elementary School. I started in May 2022 and I am so excited to be part of the Bulldog family! As a school counselor, I will be able to support your students and help them navigate academic, social, and emotional challenges. I work closely with teachers, parents, and administrators to ensure your students’ success. I also provide classroom guidance lessons to teach social skills, conflict resolution, and other life skills to students. I develop and implement school-wide programs and initiatives, such as bullying prevention and college and career readiness. I am here to support your students to the best of my ability. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at: email@example.com . I look forward to connecting and working with you!
Ms. J. Jerez
- Suicide Prevention: 1 (800) 273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741
- What's Up App or Text: (844) 204-0880
- Crisis and Suicide Helpline: (951) 686-HELP (4357)